Sujanpur fort is located near the border of Kangra and is 24 kilometers away from the Hamirpur town. Sujanpur served as the capital city of Katoch dynasty. Well known with its twin title ‘Tira’ this fort was constructed by Raja Abhaya Chand of Kangra in the year 1758. The fort served as the home of Raja Sansar Chand in the early 19th century. Sansar Chand was a famous sponsor of the Kangra School of miniature paintings. A Baradhari Hall, where Sansar Chand used to convene his court, some wall paintings and a few shrines are present in this fort, which is truly worth a visit.
There is a very big ground which generally serves as a sports ground and where Holi fair is organized every year for three to four days. Sujanpur has three well known temples Murli Manohar temple, Gauri Shankar temple and Narbedeshwar temple. This place is also ideal for enjoying adventure sports, like trekking, rafting and angling.