The Lakshmi Narasimha Temple (or Laxmi Narasimha Temple, as it is also known) is located in Velinga, a little to the South - West of the Mardol village in the Ponda region. This temple was built as a commemoration to Goddess Laxmi, after whom the temple is named and Lord Vishnu. This temple was originally erected in the Sankhavali / Sanchole village in the Salcette region but was relocated from there in the year 1567. There are a large number of paintings, carvings and even a statue dedicated to the man - lion Narasimha present here, which are sure to amaze those tourists who have not yet seen the various cultural and historical offerings that the state of Goa has to offer them. There are a large number of festivals which are held on the premises of this temple, which include Ram Navmi, Navaratri and Shukla Chaturdashi festivals.