Tourists who have come to the state of Goa and are looking for more than the parties and beaches, for which this state is rightly famous, should definitely consider making a stop at the Cabo Chapel. Built in the year 1540, the Cabo Chapel has come to be known by many names including Raj Bhawan, Cabo Raj Niwas, Cabo Fort and even Cabo Palace. This chapel was built as a dedication to Nossa Senora Do Cabo (or the Virgin Lady of The Cape) which exists towards the end of the entire structure. It holds special significance not only as a religious monument but also as a landmark for those at sea all those centuries ago. This chapel is found on the Southern headland of the Mandovi River (the word “Cabo” translates to “Cape” in English) and the entire complex has been designated as the residence of the Governor of Goa.