One of the four “Deposit Libraries” which have a copy of every publication in India is situated in Chennai, known as the Connemara Public Library. This library was started in 1861 which was a division of Madras Museum. Later the governor (Lord Connemara) of Madras presidency opened this for the general public in 1896. The very famous architect Henry Irwin constructed this building in a Pantheon complex of Chennai. This library has a separate floor for different books related to Indian languages and Braille. It also stores a speedily increasing collection of more than half a million books. This library has periodic halls, reference rooms and video rooms which are all separated. The library has a huge collection of extraordinary and typical books from the era of 1608 and the bunch of Hortus Indicus Malabaricus. A depository center ever since 1956 this library is a center of knowledge and must visit place for the people who are madly in love with literature and history.