Haripur is situated on Nurpur-Jwalamukhi road between Balta and Nagrota Suriyan in the district of Kangra. Mangwal is towards the east at a distance of 8 kilometers from this place, Balta is 4 kilometers towards its north and Yol is 18 kilometers towards its south. This place got established in the year 1464 and is having a great significance in the history of this region. Haripur-Guler is a twin township, well known for conserving the heritage of the Riyasat of Guler. A small river separates the two towns making it a haven for fleeting birds. Ruins of a number of monuments and one of the forts that had been constructed by Raja Hari Chand can be observed in this hill. A cave and some temples can also be seen in this place which makes it worth a visit. The town is well known for the traditional Kangra paintings that are sold here.