The Mansa Devi Temple is located in Panchkula, a satellite city of the Union Territory of Chandigarh, at a distance of 8 km from the Inter State Bus Terminal in Sector 17. This temple is located at the base of the Shivalik foothills, surrounded by lush greenery and verdant beauty of these hills and is a very popular attraction for pilgrims from all places. The place referred to is actually a huge complex, which houses two temples. The main temple was founded in the year 1815 by the then ruler of Manimajra and is located near the now parking lot at the base of the entire complex. There is another temple which was built by the Maharaja of Patiala on top of the hill as a commemoration of a victory. Tourists visiting this place can purchase a large number of memorabilia from the shops which are located at the base. Vehicles are not allowed and must be parked outside the complex.