Designed by the world renowned architect of Chandigarh, Le Corbusier, Rajendra Park is one of Chandigarh’s largest parks, located next to the Secretariat complex, spreading across a vast area of nearly 400 acres. This park was opened in the year 1954 and to this day is one of the most preferred locations for locals and tourists alike to take leisurely strolls while they admire the round canopies of the trees as well as the floral beauty of this park. Rajendra Park was named after Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first Prime Minister of India who had visited this place to commemorate the beginning of Chandigarh. Keeping in line with the traditions which it represents, Rajendra Park is an excellent amalgamation of the architectural and natural beauty which Chandigarh is known for. The southern end of this park is where the official residences of all the ministers, including the Chief Ministers, are situated.