The Church of St. Cajetan, or the Church of Our Lady of Divine Providence as it is also known, is situated quite close to the remnants of the Vice - Regal Palace. This church was built at the behest of the efforts and exhortations of three friars who belonged to the Order of Theatines, namely D. Antonio Maria Ardizone, D. Francisco Marci and D. Pedro Avitabili who appealed to the King of Portugal Dom João IV to allow them to build not only the church, but also a convent and a hospital in the year 1655. After obtaining his consent, they completed the construction of this church by the year 1661. The design of this church drew inspiration from the design of the Basilica of St. Peter situated in Rome with two Corinthian Columns acting as belfries for the massive façade of the church. Tourists should definitely make a stop at this church if they want to see the cultural influences Goa has experienced.