Saint Anthony was a well known and respected patron saint of the Portuguese army as well as navy. Opposite to the dilapidated Church of St. Augustine is situated the Royal Chapel. Our Lady of Rosary Church is also located nearby and this church is also a great attraction.
Alfonso de Albuquerque, the great warrior, was the person behind the construction of this church, which is one of the first churches constructed by him. In the year 1835 the chapel was abandoned. It was also neglected because of a decree by government. The year 1961 saw reconstruction and repair of this chapel. Vassalo de Silva was the person behind the rebuild and renovation work of this Chapel; he was the last governor general of Goa. This Chapel lures a lot of tourists who visit Goa and serves as a major attraction of this beautiful place.