Built in the year 1541 the Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception is definitely among Goa’s oldest and most popular churches. This tourist attraction and center of worship sees attendance by a large number of people who follow the Christian faith. Despite having a relatively small population which followed the teachings of Jesus Christ at the time, this church was re - constructed in its entirety in the year 1619, clearly indicative of how religious the Portuguese settlers at the time were. Tourists who visit this church will have a great chance for spiritual and architectural enlightenment when they visit this church. The interior of the church is relatively sparse in design, especially considering the architectural trends of the time but the 3 altars, dedicated to Mary Immaculate, as well as Jesus Crucified and Our Lady of the Rosary do compensate. There is also a statue of St. Francis Xavier encased in glass here.