A famous pilgrimage center and an impressive mosque, Shahi Masjid is situated within the Public Gardens. Built during the reigning period of the Nizam in the year 1846, the last Nizam ruler used to visit this mosque on special occasions to offer his prayers to Allah.
Giving a glimpse of the Shahi style of architecture, this holy place is characterized by domes, arches, minarets and columns. At a time this mosque can take in up to 102 devotees. With the presence of two kitchens on both the sides, all the devotees as well as poor people can be fed easily.
A visitor can also mark a visit to the nearby attractions that lie within the Public Garden and spend their day exploring various structures. The pathways that lead to the mosque are surrounded by lush green lawn and make up for a sight that beholds the visitor’s attention.