Location: Situated at the famous MG Road in Indore, Mahatma Gandhi Hall is one of the most splendid structures in the city of Indore and this building was based on the Indo-Gothic style of architecture.
Description: Mahatma Gandhi Hall was built in the year 1904 and was originally named as King Edward Hall. However, in the year 1948 this place was renamed after the “father of the nation”, Mahatma Gandhi. Made out of red Patan and white Seoni stone, the domes of the hall are considered as the landmark of the city. Designed by a famous designer, Charles Frederick Stevens, the rooms are decorated with glided ornamental moldings and frescoed ceilings. The minarets, fabulous domes and the clock tower, also called as the Ghanta Ghar, which lies just in front of the hall, gives this beautiful building an interesting appearance.
This four faced clock tower used to be the only source to know the time during the ancient times and hence it was the center of attraction. This hall symbolizes a conventional approach and the ancient culture of British.
Activities: Frequented by a large number of tourists as well as locals, this hall holds a number of fairs and exhibitions all around the year. With a capacity to accommodate about 2000 people, this place has one of the biggest halls. A library, a temple and a children’s park also finds its place inside the building.